Our meetings are free entry for members.
Non-members pay a nominal entry charge of £3 which helps us pay for the hire costs.
Our meetings also feature a small raffle.
Free tea, coffee and biscuits are served to allow for any discussions you may wish to have, or even just a chat!
We normally meet at 7:30 in the Methodist Church.
These are the currently planned meetings
- 26 March: AGM & His grandmothers Diaries by Terry Gilligan
- 23 April: Beating the Bounds – a talk by David Parmiter and Paul Goodge
- 28 May: Market Cross As a Sundial by Alan Heasman plus an extra tba
- 25 June: Swing Riots and the Wreck of the Marion by John Dymond
- 24 September: Church Graffiti Followup (Chris Rust) and Churchyard Recording Project (Jenny Greaves)
- 22 October: Aldbournes Great War by Phil Comely
- 26 November: Talks by 34 members
- December date tba
- Meetings in 2018 will also commemorate the fallen from the First World War
Meetings held in the past few months:
- 23 Jan British Troops in Aldbourne in WW2 by Don Greaves and Newly acquired Smocks by Liz Dymond
- 27 Feb Aldbourne Shops by Steve Farr
- 27 Mar AGM and A Dabchick who Hanged by John Dymond (with a Beatles twist in the tail!)
- 24 Apr Graffiti in St Michael’s Church by Chris Rust
- 22 May: The Lost Hamlet of Snap by John Dymond